Baldechin
   
Home > History > Beginning

History

Please select one of the following for more information:

Beginning - Building of Cathedral


Beginning

In 1910 the first Ukrainian settlers began arriving in Saskatoon and its outlying areas. An organizational meeting of the Ukrainian Catholic Parish of St. George was held on September 29, 1912 at which time its first Executive was elected. That same year 40 people were registered as members.

The first church, a small wooden structure that had served the Roman Catholic parish of St. Paul on 22nd Street East and Spadina Crescent in Saskatoon, was purchased in 1917.

South West view of Cathedral

Designed, Hosted, and Maintained by Feedback Web Design